PLUS 2000 is a high quality, 34% solids diazo dual-cure emulsion for general purpose Screen Printing applications. The fast exposure speed makes PLUS 2000 excellent for use on large format screens or with a low powered UV light source.
- High print quality, medium/high solids, resistant to solvent based and UV curing inks, fast exposure and quick washout, wide exposure latitude, easily decoatable, direct addition diazo.
- Ideal for high volume production where rapid stencil production is paramount.
- PLUS 2000 is particularly recommended for applications where rapid stencil production and wide processing latitude is required, along with good print durability, print quality, and easy removal after printing such as Billboards and Fleet Marking.
WORKING INSTRUCTIONS & SAFE HANDLING
Sensitising of Emulsion
Note: New ‘direct addition’ of Diazo
Handle PLUS 2000 under yellow fluorescent tubes or low wattage Tungsten light. PLUS 2000 is supplied as a two pack kit comprising the emulsion and powder sensitiser in a sachet.
- Prior to sensitising read the Safety Data Sheet. Mix the two components as follows:
- Cut the powder diazo sachet open using a pair of scissors (DO NOT OPEN WITH TEETH).
- Add the powder diazo sensitiser DIRECTLY to the emulsion.(DO NOT DISSOLVE THE SENSITISER IN WATER OR ADD ADDITIONAL WATER TO THE EMULSION).
- Stir thoroughly for approximately 2-3 minutes to ensure emulsion is sensitised throughout. Allow the emulsion to de-gas for 15 minutes before use.
For more information on mesh preparation, follow this link: How to Guide – Mesh preparation for PLUS emulsions
Coating & Drying
Stand the screen on edge, angled away from the operator and, using a good quality coating trough, proceed as follows:
- Apply 2 coats to the print of the screen.
- Apply 2 coats to squeegee side.
- The screen should be dried horizontally, squeegee side up and stored under dark or yellow light conditions. Dry the screen at a maximum temperature of 30°C (86°F).
- Additional coatings may be applied to the underside of the screen with intermediate drying.
For more information on coating, follow this link: How to Guide – Coating PLUS emulsions
CORRECT EXPOSURE IS ESSENTIAL FOR OPTIMUM STENCIL PERFORMANCE. UNDEREXPOSURE WILL GIVE A WEAK STENCIL AND REDUCE RESISTANCE.
Remove dust from the surface of the stencil and tape positive in position. Place entire screen in a suitable vacuum frame and expose. We recommend use of the Autotype Exposure Calculator for test exposures to ascertain correct timing. Exposure times below should be used as a guide:-
Exposure Time (minutes)*
|2kw metal halide||120 cm|
|3kw metal halide||120 cm|
|5kw metal halide||120 cm|
|UV fluorescent tubes||10 cm|
NOTE: Based on 2+2 coating on 90/cm (230/inch) dyed monofilament polyester mesh.
For more information on exposure, follow this link: How to Guide – Exposing PLUS emulsions
Washout & Drying
Wash out the screen from both sides with a strong spray of water. Continue the washout until all parts of the image appear clean and sharp. Blot off surplus moisture with newsprint or a leather and dry at a maximum temperature of 30°C (86°F).
Spot out blemishes with sensitised emulsion.
Remove ink from the screen, with Autosolve screen cleaner. Apply Autostrip to both sides of the screen. Leave standing for 5 minutes. The stencil can then be removed with a strong water jet or high pressure stripper. If a stain or ghost image still remains, use Autokleen Plus.